This DIY recipe for a home made luxurious body scrub is entirely vegan and in this version is made with Puraglow’s Nilotic Fruit Butter product which is the superior Ugandan (Nilotic) equivalent to West African Shea.
Nilotic is a natural and pure product which is free of any side effects. It can be used by pregnant women and children and leaves skin nourished and beautifully soft.
Nilotic Fruit Butter is a product comprising stearic and oleic acid. It is rich in emollients as well as Vitamin A, E and F. It is a great moisturiser due to its quick absorption into the skin and immediately protects it and provides essential nutrients to the skin.
If you do not have Nilotic Fruit Butter you can substitute the equivalent amount of West African Shea.
Cocoa Butter and Nilotic Fruit Butter Body Scrub
This scrub is delicately scented and leaves skin nourished, plumper and refreshed. It is suitable for all skin types
- 4tbsp (1/4 cup)of Nilotic Fruint Butter (or Shea Butter if Nilotic Fruit Butter is not available)
- 4tbsp (1/4 cup) Cocoa Butter
- 4tbsp (1/4 cup) Almond Oil
- 3/4 cup Soft Brown Sugar
- Airtight Glass Container/Jar (for storage)
- Melt the Nilotic Fruit Butter and Cocoa Butter together in a double broiler. (If you don’t have one use a pyrex jug in a pan).
- Combine the now-liquid butters and the almond oil in a large mixing bowl.
- Place bowl in a large container of cold water (a kitchen bowl is ideal) and use a hand mixer to whip until it reaches a light and fluffy consistency.
- Stir the sugar into to the mixture until all is combined.
- Store your Body Scrub in an airtight container and apply daily, rinsing off with lukewarm water after use. The product has a shelf life of 3-6 months.