The Nilotic Fruit Butter in this DIY homemade vegan shaving balm speeds up skins regeneration and relieves discomfort. Whatever part of your body you are shaving most manufactured balms will irritate recently shaved skin. This formulation is designed to soothe, heal and protect. It has additional benefits because it helps with ingrowing hairs and razor bumps. Use immediately after shaving or even the day after on shaved legs and sensitive areas for maximum effect.
Soothing Shaving Balm: perfect for razor burn and razor bumps
- 1/2 cup Fractionated Coconut Oil
- 6 tablespoons Nilotic Fruit Butter
- 2 tablespoons Jojoba Oil
- 20 drops Tea Tree Oil
- Airtight Glass Container / Jar
- Use a double broiler and melt the coconut oil and the Nilotic Fruit Butter
- Stir the two together and remove from heat and stir in the jojoba oil. Do not mix at thois stage.
- Refrigerate the blend for several hours, until completely cooled
- using a hand mixer, whip the mixture on highest speed for 6-10 minutes
- Add the tea tree oil and whip for an additional minute
- Transfer to a lidded container and store at room temperature
- Use as needed after shaving or the day after shaving to help with ingrown hair