The humble Dandelion is a Super hero in Disguise
Other Names Common Dandelion, Lion’s Tooth, Priest’s Crown, Pu Gong Ying, Swine’s Snout, Dent de Lion Dandelion
Using dandelions in your everyday skin care is very easy. The flowers are everywhere and you can use them to detoxify your skin to keep the pores clear, removing bacteria that cause acne and moisturizing the skins tissue layers.
What makes Dandelion amazing for the skin is its ability to detoxify. When the skin is detoxified, the pores stay clearer and the complexion has a chance to heal.
Dandelion is a great flower to use for acne prone, combination and sensitive skin types, including eczema.
Dandelion External Uses
The fresh juice of Dandelion is applied externally to fight bacteria and help heal wounds. The plant has an anti-inflammatory, antibacterial action it is highly alkaline and has potent germicidal, fungicidal and insecticidal properties. It can be used on Acne, eczema, warts, atheletes foot.
The Vitamins Of Dandelion
Dandelion is packed full of vitamin A, vitamin C, calcium, potassium, magnesium, phosphorus, zinc, iron, protein as well as B-complex vitamins.
First of all you need to pick some, preferably away from busy roads (we do not want the ones that have absorbed any pollutants)
How to Make a Dandelion Facial Spritz.
- Pick your Dandelions and rinse them with clean water.
- Or buy some dried dandelion herbs from a Health Shop
- Add one cup of dried dandelion herb or 2 or 3 whole plants to suitable clean jar with lid
- Fill the jar with boiling water.
- Let your mixture stand for 3-4 days, shaking the jar occasionally
- Strain your mixture using a coffee filter and pour into dark glass spay bottle.
- Spritz your detoxifying dandelion Spray onto your clean face twice a day.
- You can also spray your hair as it promotes hair growth.
Do make sure you avoid contact with the eyes when using it.
Did you know that dandelion can promote hair growth?
Dandelion root is a rich source of vitamin A, C, and E as well as B-complex vitamins. Besides, it contains choline, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, biotin and calcium all of which play a significant role in making your hair healthy as well as stimulate hair growth.
Treatment Of Greasy Hair
Dandelion is effective in getting rid of excess oil or sebum accumulated in the scalp. If you have greasy hair, you can simply steep dandelion leaves or roots for about 20 minutes. Strain this mixture and use it on your hair as a final rinse. Do condition your hair after this to prevent loss of moisture.